Enjoy a weekend of mindfulness to reconnect with yourself through yoga and meditation. Our retreat is open to all levels of experience in meditation, mindfulness and yoga. Whatever you need, we hope you will be able to find it at Dairyuji.
If you're curious about life in a working Buddhist temple or are looking for ways to rebalance, we think you'll enjoy our retreat. Structured with just the right amount of planned activities, excursions and togetherness, there is plenty of downtime, as well an opportunity to explore the spectacular peninsula.
OUR FALL RETREAT WILL BE HELD OCTOBER 26th ~28th.
All inclusive price is $500.
Please fill out the application at bottom of page to sign up!
- If you've never meditated before, don't worry.
- For those who would like guidance or to learn what to expect we will have a short workshop on Friday evening to show you the basics.
- We will have both sitting and walking meditation sessions.
- Meditation instructions will be provided in English.
- Our instructor Aiko is a beautiful warm soul with a genuine and inclusive nature.
- The focus will be on the body / mind connection so your ability to do all of the poses perfectly is less important than allowing yourself to be in the moment.
- We will provide yoga mats. You don't need special equipment, loose comfortable clothing is perfect.
- Yoga instructions will be conducted in Japanese with English interpretation.
Price is all inclusive of accommodations, amenities, meals and activities. Once you arrive no money is necessary.
You will be assigned Japanese futon mattress-style bedding in shared tatami rooms, separated by gender. Two to four people per room.
We have a shared private bathroom for showering; separate male and female toilets and powder rooms.
Fresh towels, and toiletries such as bath soap, shampoo and conditioner, hair dryer etc. will be provided.
Six meals will be served, including two dinners, two breakfasts and two lunches. There will also be teas and coffee and snacks available at your leisure.
There will be one yoga class, three meditation sessions and one dharma talk.
Saturday afternoon you will have the opportunity to explore the Oga peninsula.